The following baking books helped me get started with baking bread at home and continue to inform, challenge, and surprise me even after reading them for the second and third time. If I had to choose a set of books to take with me to a deserted island that had nothing but flour, water, salt, yeast, and an oven, these would be them.
I hope the following books provide you with as much insight and instruction as they have for me.
- Tartine Bread by Chad Robertson
- Tartine Book No. 3 by Chad Robertson
- Bread: A Baker’s Book of Techniques and Recipes by Jeffrey Hamelman
- Flour Water Salt Yeast by Ken Forkish
- Josey Baker Bread: Get Baking – Make Awesome Bread – Share the Loaves
- Bread Science: the Chemistry and Craft of Making Bread
Click here to see a list of all these books and many more exceptional reads.